24 April 2008

Vice said it right

Picked up The Fashion Issue yesterday. Looks bomb diggy - skimming through it and noticing all the 'hipters' practically look the same everywhere you go in the world ...weird (unless it is the fault of the stylists?). The only differences I can spot are skin colour and the ratio of cool to nerd factor.

edit * I'll stop my hasty generalizations and apologize to the crafty writers at Vice. After looking at the pictures and reading the write-ups the 'people' in various metropolis' around the world, I do find their iconic-influenced styles are quite eclectic. I do fancy those [boys] from Amsterdam and Antwerp...
If it's necessary I'll update this completely useless post later tonight.

Anyway, I just wanted to quote whoever wrote the Montreal '08 Trend Report:

"Thift stores in Montreal are a fucking gold mine. The only problem is that you have to sift through tons of crap and get your hands covered with old-people particles before you find the good stuff. Luckily no one from Montreal between the ages of 18 and 28 has a real job, so they have tons of time to waste finding vintage mink coats, veiled hats, granny cardigans, high-waisted pants, and old leather boots. A whole outfit like this probably costs less than a sandwich does in New York."

Truth. I hate using internet lingo but I must say, EVA B, FTW!

No comments:

lushLe